Salads don’t need lettuce all the time. How boring would that be? Lol. Here’s my version of the classic dish, but my personal take is savory and a lot more filling. So if you’re cutting down on carbs and sweets this summer (for that beach bod, ya?), you can pack this in a Tupperware for an instant healthy lunch. Just remember to set the dressing aside to keep the vegetables fresh.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the salad…
– 1 cauliflower head, cut into pieces
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
– fresh parsley
– ground cumin seed
– dried herbs
– olive oil
For the salad dressing…
– 2 individual packs of yogurt
– 1 clove of garlic
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. First, clean the cauliflower. Then, slice it into pieces and sauté it with olive oil in a pan until golden.
2. Put the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Add salt, pepper, and cumin to taste. Pop it in the oven until cooked.
3. Fry the tomatoes in a pan with herbs, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4. Toss the chickpeas or garbanzo beans in the frying pan with olive oil. Set aside.
5. Mix the cauliflower, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans in a salad bowl with chopped parsley.
6. For the dressing, just mix the yogurt, garlic, lemon, paprika, and cucumber.
7. Serve the salad with dressing (or with dressing on the side) if you’re eating at home. If you’re making it baon, you have to keep the dressing in a separate container so the veggies stay fresh. Et voilà. Enjoy!
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking!
Because I love my husband Nico and my brother Erwan very much, I decided to make both of them do… read more