Some people think eating healthy food is boring, but it’s actually just about making a little more effort to look for alternatives that are just as yummy. Just like this recipe! Eating clean doesn’t mean you can’t have pancakes for breakfast. But what you can do is remove the ingredients that are not really good for you (like refined flour and sugar) and replace them with ingredients that are healthier. In this recipe, instead of using regular flour, I substituted it with rolled oats (rich in fiber), yogurt (good for digestion), and banana (has a lot of potassium). And instead of sugar, I used natural sweeteners like fruits. If you’re normally rushing in the morning, you can prepare the batter the night before, and cook it real quick when you wake up. Instant healthy breakfast that’s so berry good. Lol.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 plain yogurt
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– Strawberries or other fruits for toppings
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Mix everything in a blender or food processor, except for the strawberries or fruit toppings.
2. Spray a nonstick pan with a coconut-based cooking spray (a healthier alternative to butter).
3. Cook the pancake batter (make sure it is cooked both sides) with the strawberries and fruits on top OR mix the fruits into the pancake batter before cooking.
4. Serve with more strawberries or fruits on the side. If you want, you can add a little bit of butter and a sweetener like honey or whatever floats your boat. Et voilà!
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking!
My friend Bianca and I thought of baking together one day and it finally happened. Hahaha. And let’s just say… read more