Since a lot of us are eating more fish these days because of Lent, I wanted to share one of my faaave recipes with salmon (you can also use any white fish like tilapia). If you’ve been staying at home over the holidays, this is something you can easily cook and serve, and it’s actually super quick to do. Even if it isn’t Lent anymore and you just want to eat healthier, this is a good recipe to remember for baon or for one of those days when you don’t have a lot of time to prep.
I realized that what makes recipes like these extra easy is to have seasonings on hand that can make your choice of meat, fish, or veggies super flavorful already without spending too much time preparing them. A few weeks ago I used the Knorr SavorRich Liquid Meaty Seasoning when I made my Sos-Style Fried Chicken and I tried it again for the veggies in this recipe, and it TOTALLY works! I really try to use good ingredients as much as I can and this one actually has no preservatives and 0g trans fat. Watch the vid below, try it, and let me know what you think!
Easy Baked Salmon + Stir-Fried Veggies Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the salmon:
– Salmon or any white fish (good for two)
– 1/2 fennel head, chopped
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– Fresh lemon juice
– Salt to taste
– Chili to taste
– Canola oil to top
For the pesto:
– 1/2 cup basil leaves and cilantro
– 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
– A handful of almonds
– 1/4 cup of canola oil (add more if too dry)
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– 12 cubes of feta cheese
For the stir-fried veggies:
– 1 carrot, thinly sliced
– 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
– 1/2 onions, chopped
– Olive oil
– 1 tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Meaty Seasoning
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. First, put the fish on a baking pan and top it with fennel, onions, lemon juice, onion, salt, chili, and canola oil.
2. Bake it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how you like the doneness of your fish.
3. While the fish bakes, put all the ingredients you need for the pesto in a food processor or a blender, and let it blend!
4. When the pesto is done, put it in the fridge while the fish continues to bake and as you cook the veggies.
5. Stir fry all your veggies with olive oil and Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Meaty Seasoning.
6. Plate the fish, pesto, and veggies together. Option: top the fish with cilantro.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking. Don’t forget to watch the video below 🙂