So this gluten-free banana bread is one of the random recipes I posted on my Instagram Stories and a lot of you asked how to get it done. Maybe you guys are wondering why I decided to go gluten-free with this recipe, and I don’t go gluten-free all the time, but when I have the option, I go for it. In general, gluten is a protein you can find in wheat and other grains, and some people have severe allergies and minor sensitivities to it, so it’s actually really helpful to avoid gluten if that’s you. But even if you don’t have an allergy to it, maybe going gluten-free can still benefit you, cause it helps me just have better digestion and feel less bloated when I eat. This recipe is based on oats, just make sure the oats you choose are gluten-free!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread by #SolennCooking
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 4 ripe bananas, mashed
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (I get mine from Real Food)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
– 2 cups gluten-free oats
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 Tbsp baking powder
– 1 Tbsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 5 oz chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. In one bowl, mix the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and peanut butter. Set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, mix the oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until the mixture looks like flour.
3. Mix the first and second mixture together and add the chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 175°C, but this may vary depending on your oven. So to make sure that your banana bread will come out moist, check by sticking a toothpick or barbecue stick in the middle of the bread. The stick has to come out wet.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking.