#SolennCooking is getting an upgrade today! Lol. This Oatmeal Cookie recipe is officially the first one I’m doing for Thylane and I hope your babies will love it also. I did it with my friend Carmela who’s a mom and a legit baker, and this is a little something we like to give our kids.
Just a super important note: Please make sure your baby has already tried all the veggies or fruits in the recipe individually. So that you can make sure they have no allergies to the ingredients before you make them try it. Also, keep an eye on your baby when you introduce solids. Personally, I have been doing a mix of purees and baby-led weaning, and I’m slowly training Thylane to adapt to both.
Oatmeal Cookies for Babies
WHAT YOU NEED:
– Half a Fuji apple
– Half a kamote or sweet potato
– 2 small bananas
– 3/4 cup baby oat cereal
– 3/4 cup baby rice cereal
And other equipment like steamer, blender, baking tray
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Steam the apple and kamote. I used my Beaba, but feel free to use another method that works for you.
2. After steaming, blend together with the banana.
3. Hand mix the baby cereal and rice with the your fruit mixture.
4. Shape into small balls, flatten, and place on a baking tray.
5. Pop into oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredient measurements will depend on how big or small the ingredients are. If batter is too liquified, add more cereal. If it’s too thick, add another banana. Also, this works recipe works just fine if you only have baby oat cereal OR baby rice cereal. 🙂
Et voilà! Watch the vid below to see exactly how Carms and I make it! Let me know how you (and your babies) like it and tag me on Instagram when you try it out.
I think this is the first time Nico and I are talking a lot about our lives as parents lately.… read more