You know those yummy (and yes, Instagrammable) smoothie bowls that you buy for like 300 bucks? You can totally do them at home without spending as much. Just buy the ingredients and you can do smoothie bowls for breakfast or as a snack like every day if you want! It comes out a lot cheaper this way. Smoothie bowls are so bongga to look at, but they’re incredibly easy to make. Here’s my super quick recipe—it won’t even take you five minutes to do, seriously.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the smoothie:
Your choice of fruits like…
– Bananas (I like this, because it’s high in potassium)
For the toppings:
Your choice of toppings like…
– Almonds, chopped
– Flax seeds with dark chocolate
– Dried coconut, shredded
– Pomelo, shredded
– Chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Very important: Freeze your fruits overnight so that it has that cool, icy texture you want for a smoothie bowl. Make sure your choice of fruits go together, too. Lol.
2. Blend your frozen fruits in a blender.
3. Transfer the fruit blend in a bowl.
4. Decorate your bowl as you wish with your toppings or even more sliced fruits.
5. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey on top. Et voilà, a super yummy and pretty smoothie bowl.
If this recipe inspires you to make a smoothie bowl, let me know! Tag me on Instagram at #SolennCooking. Watch the video below for a full tutorial. 🙂
I think this is the first time Nico and I are talking a lot about our lives as parents lately.… read more