Before thinking of this recipe, I realized that I’ve never made fried chicken at home before! But it’s a classic dish for both adults and kids, and it’s okay to have once in a while so I made my own recipe for it just in case you guys want to try it out.
Like all of my other #SolennCooking recipes, I promise this one is also super easy. What helps is really giving the chicken a lot of flavor before frying it. Normally I’d marinate it for several hours or even overnight, but I wanted to think of an option that’s quick to do since not all of us have a lot of time to spend on cooking. So I used a new liquid seasoning from Knorr called the SavorRich Liquid Meaty Seasoning and when I tried it out, I learned that it penetrates meat really well because of its liquid form. And because the seasoning contains real meat, it makes whatever dish you’re preparing taste so much more flavorful, juicier, and just totally yummier overall. I looked up the ingredients and I was happy to find out there are no preservatives and 0g trans fat! If you guys want to try my Sos-Style Fried Chicken, the recipe is below and you can watch my video too.
Sos-Style Fried Chicken
With a side of Asian coleslaw
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the chicken:
– chicken, patted dry with tissue
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of whole milk
– black pepper to taste
– a pinch of salt
– 1.5 tsp garlic powder (add more if you want)
– 1.5 Tbsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Meaty Seasoning
– 1 cup of flour + a pinch of salt
– 2 cups of canola oil
For the Asian coleslaw:
– half a head of red cabbage, chopped
– 1 carrot, peeled and grated
– 1 tsp of ginger, grated
– 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
– 1.5 tsps sesame oil
– 1 tsp Mirin (rice wine vingear)
– 1/2 tsp soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
– black sesame to top
– fresh basil to top
HOW TO MAKE IT:
For the chicken:
1. Mix eggs, milk, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. This is your marinade.
2. Put the Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning directly on the chicken, massaging it.
3. Put the seasoned chicken in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade in it. Put in the fridge and leave to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Get another ziplock bag and mix the flour and salt in it.
5. Get your marinated chicken from the fridge, and put two pieces of chicken at a time in the ziplock bag that contains the flour. Do this for all your pieces of chicken.
6. Heat up a deep-set pan and put the canola oil to a boil.
7. Fry the chicken until golden brown! The liquid seasoning also really helps with the color. Put it on a rack to dry and to lessen oil.
For the coleslaw:
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking. Don’t forget to watch the video below 🙂