When you think of patties, you normally think of beef or even pork. But not oats, right?
When I moved in our new home with a bigger kitchen I started experimenting more with food, and during one of the days I was trying out new stuff, I discovered that you can actually make patties using oats! And it actually makes a lot of sense since oats are pretty high in protein, like more than a lot of other grains.
Protein is great cause it gives you the energy you need to fight stress, which I DEFINITELY need to keep wifezilla inside. Hahahaha. It also helps that oats are rich in antioxidants that lower blood pressure. So if you wanna meet all your protein + energy needs in a meal, plus do something nice for your heart, you can try this recipe out with me!
Watch the video below to see how I do it and if you want the Quaker products I used, just sign up for a NEW #SosGiveaway here and the cool people of Quaker will send the giveaway to the first 50 who sign up.
Oat My Patties Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 2 cups broccoli, chopped
– 1 cup carrots, chopped
– 1/2 of an onion, chopped
– 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup Quaker Whole Grain Rolled Oats
– All-purpose seasoning to taste
For the dressing:
– 1 pack Greek yogurt
– Tbsp mayo
– Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
– Garlic to taste
– Lemon zest to top
For the toppings:
– Cherry tomatoes
– Crumbled feta cheese
– Fried egg
HOW TO MAKE IT:
For the patties:
1. Put the chopped broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Cut the veggies into tiny pieces to help your blender out.
2. After blending, squeeze the excess juice out of the veggies using your hands.
3. Once you’re done squeezing all the excess juice out, add the 2 eggs, oats, and your choice of seasoning, herbs, or spices to taste. This helps bind the patties together. If it it’s still too dry, you can add another egg. If too wet, add more veggies.
4. Time to cook! Use an ice cream scooper to place the patties in a pan on your stove. Cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Be careful when flipping.
For the dressing:
1. Mix the Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl and add lemon zest to top.
1. Top your patties with cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and a fried egg.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking. Also, if you want to get the Quaker products I used to make Oat My Patties, just sign up for the #SosGiveaway here. Thanks to Quaker for helping me share #SolennCooking to more peeps 🙂