I’ve been getting a lot of recipe requests for lactation goodies to help with breastmilk supply and here’s another take on it. I did a lactation bread with Bianca King before and this new one’s inspired by the energy balls I would eat when I worked out a lot. They gave me a quick boost of energy before or after exercising and this is kinda the same thing, only it helps with your breastmilk supply.
I suggest taking these Lactation Bolz (lol) an hour before or after breastfeeding. The ingredients I used that are good for breastfeeding mommas are oats, Brewer’s Yeast (also a good source of vitamin B6 and potassium), and flaxseeds (also good for your calcium and iron needs). You also don’t need to bake them, which is perf for busy moms.
Watch the vid below, try it, and let me know what you think?
NO-BAKE Lactation Bolz Recipe (Part 1)
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
– 2 Tbsp of Brewer’s Yeast
– 1/2 cup flaxseeds, ground (use a grinder or a food processor)
– 1 and 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter (or any nut butter)
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 cup pure dark chocolate chips or chunks, above 60% (remember not to overdo the chocolate when breastfeeding)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Blend the oats, Brewer’s Yeast, flaxseeds, nut butter, honey, and vanilla together.
2. Add the chocolate chips or chunks.
3. Create balls out of the mixture, depending on the size you prefer.
4. Put in the fridge until it firms up.
Et voilà! Comment for more recipe requests and search the hashtag #SolennCooking on Instagram to find more of the stuff I do.
I think this is the first time Nico and I are talking a lot about our lives as parents lately.… read more