I always get asked: How can I eat healthy if I don’t know how to cook or if I don’t cook well?
This inspired me to create a NO-COOK recipe for you guys. No need for stoves, toasters, or even microwaves (I don’t own one btw, so I’m forced to really prepare my food properly lol). And even if you know how to cook, this is still a super convenient recipe to do for a quick dinner or healthy baon.
Broccoli is the star of this recipe, because this vegetable is sooo good for you. It doesn’t contain so much calories, but it does have a lot of vitamins and nutrients. It’s surprisingly rich in vitamin C (to help build immunity), plus vitamin K (for bone health), folate (shout-out to all my preggy readers), and potassium. Ready to use it?
No-Cook Broccoli + Bacon + Cranberry Salad
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the salad:
– 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
– 1 medium onion, sliced and diced
– 1 small bowl of bacon bits
– 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
– 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
– 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
– grated cheddar to top
For the vinaigrette dressing:
– 1/4 of Greek or plain yogurt (this is the low-fat option to mayo)
– 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
– 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE IT:
For the salad:
1. Blanch the broccoli florets. This process makes it more tender, so it’s easier to eat. Blanch by soaking the florets in boiling water for two minutes. Then soak it in ice water for a minute. Drain the ice water and set the florets aside.
2. Soak the sliced and diced onions in ice water to help take out some of its super strong flavor. Do this for about five minutes.
3. Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix!
For the dressing:
1. Put all the ingredients together. So simple! Lol.
For extra flavor, top the salad with grated cheddar cheese. Et voilà! Don’t forget, if you’re preparing this for baon, always set the dressing aside.
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking!