So if you guys can’t tell, my days now are usually spent cooking or taking care of my pets. I don’t think I’ve had this much chill time in forever so I’m putting to good use my coming up with different things in the kitchen. Sharing with you my recipe for Soba Noodles in Peanut Sauce—I like soba noodles because they’re not as heavy as udon noodles or your usual pasta, and they work well with a lot of Asian ingredients. This one tastes sweet and also savory with a little bit of spice, so if you’re like me and you’re craving everything these days, you will love this. Lol.
Soba Noodles in Peanut Sauce Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 pack of soba noodles (you can get this from Asian or Japanese groceries)
For the sauce:
– 5 Tbsp peanut butter
– 5 Tbsp water
– 4 Tbsp soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp honey
– 2 Tbsp sesame oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– juice from at least 10 pcs of calamansi
– 1/4 cup sriracha (or any chili sauce of your choice)
For the veggies:
– You can grill or stir fry any veggies you have at home like bell peppers and carrots. I did mine with grilled eggplant and thinly julienned carrots since that’s all I had when I was making this. Hahaha.
– Cooked crispy bacon, chopped (optional)
– Coriander leaves
– Peanuts, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender until you get your desired texture.
2. Cook soba noodles as instructed on the package.
3. Grill or stir fry your veggies of choice in a little oil.
4. Mix the noodles and the sauce, then top with your veggies of choice. Top with chopped crispy bacon (optional), coriander leaves, and chopped peanuts.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram and YouTube with the hashtag #SolennCooking 🙂
I think this is the first time Nico and I are talking a lot about our lives as parents lately.… read more