Hi guys! How are you all doing? I know that’s such a loaded question, but I just wanted to start by saying that I’m thinking of all of us who are trying to make the most out of these weird times we’re living in.
Just like most of you, I’ve also been staying at home the past few months. I also haven’t updated my blog or YouTube channel, because it just felt like the world had more important things to pay attention to and also cause I wanted to focus on my small family at home. It’s been different, but really fun to be at home with Nico and Tili constantly. We’re happy we always get to be with her, because I guess we know that she isn’t going to be this small forever. Like I said, we’re all trying to see the best out of this situation we’re in.
So I thought it might be nice to share an update that’s still helpful for you at home or wherever you are. Or if it isn’t, at least you can still laugh about it. Lol. You guys know that I love to experiment when I cook, but shrimps are definitely not my thing. But since this is the time when we’re all learning to do new things, and also cause I keep seeing people post about tacos, I decided to do my own take on tacos using shrimps.
Also I want to share that it was Nico who shot this video so the quality might not be the same as what you’re used to. And you guys can tell for sure in the video that we’re kind of going crazy from spending so much time together. Lol. But even if I snapped at him so many times, he still did a good job in the end. Hahaha. Te amo babe.
The recipe for my shrimp tacos is below and there’s a video you can watch as well. Because we all don’t have access to ingredients as easily as we used to, feel free to use whatever you have at home and make it into your own version.
#SolennCooking: Shrimp Tacos Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the cabbage slaw:
– 2 cups green or red cabbage (or a mix), shredded
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup coriander (I ended up using basil though)
– 1/2 cup green onions
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
– 1/4 cup water
For the shrimp marinade (put as little or as much, depending on your taste):
– Salt and pepper
– Lemon powder (optional)
– Garlic powder
– Onion powder
– Cayenne pepper
– Chili powder
For the shrimp batter:
– 1 beaten egg (you can add chili sauce if you want)
– 1 cup flour
– 2 cups bread crumbs with the same spices you used for the shrimp marinade
For the tacos:
– Whole wheat tortilla or any kind of tortilla
– Avocado, smashed
– Feta cheese, crumbled
– Chili sauce
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Use a blender, food processor, or just your hands to mix all the ingredients of the cabbage slaw together.
2. Marinate the shrimps using the spices.
3. Dip the marinated shrimps in egg, flour, and breadcrumbs. Fry in your choice of oil (I used vegetable oil).
4. Put the tacos together with your choice of toppings. I used avocado, feta cheese, and chili sauces.
Et voilà! Nico really liked it too. Don’t forget to watch the vid below to see how I make it and tag me on Instagram using #SolennCooking if you’re going to make this at home 🙂
Stay safe, stay at home, and keep the positive vibes going, guys!