Lol it’s not really stealing when I’m sharing it. A lot of you requested for this recipe when I posted it in my Stories, so here you go. Hope you enjoy making it—but I hope you like eating it even more 😉
P.S. For those asking where I buy ingredients like buttermilk and flaxseeds, I buy mine from Healthy Options or specialty baking stores like the one in Uptown Mall!
Solenn’s Banana Bread Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 5 ripe bananas
– 5 eggs
– 6 Tbsp buttermilk (or regular milk)
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup softened butter (that’s like half a stick)
– 2 cups flour
– 1 Tbsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 cup muscovado sugar
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
– Flaxseeds, cocoa nibs, dark chocolate chips (optional for the base)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you prepare your ingredients.
2. Mash bananas in a bowl.
3. Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and softened butter. Every time you add a new ingredient in, mix first before before adding another ingredient.
4. Add the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, salt, sugar, baking soda). Add the nuts to the mixture.
5. Line a baking pan with butter (I just use my fingers) and add cocoa nibs and flaxseeds (optional). For the base of cocoa nibs and flaxseeds, this is optional, and you can even change it up by adding other ingredients of your choice like dried fruits.
6. Pour half the mixture into the pan, then add a layer of dark chocolate chips (optional).
7. Pour the remaining half of the mixture into the pan.
Tip: Let the mixture rest for an hour before you put into oven. Bakers say this helps the dough rise better.
8. Put it in the oven for about 50 minutes or until baked.
Et voilà! Super easy.
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking. Tag me when you try out this recipe!
I remember when I was growing up, my family and I would spend a lot of our summers in France.… read more