I grew up Pinoy so obviously I LOVE my rice. But I swear, eating white rice really makes me feel so sluggish after. That’s because white rice can make your blood sugar levels go up faster, which is why your energy levels feel so off after you eat it, and why you end up getting hungry so much faster also.
If you’ve been following my blog, you know I like to use cauliflower or adlai as a substitute to rice. Another carb source I discovered: oats. Oats are rich in beta-glucan fiber, which helps lower bad cholesterol and helps control your blood sugar levels. Unlike refined carbs like white rice and white bread, oats won’t give you that crash that can trigger your bingezilla. So there’s need to get hangry, just angry! Lol just kidding. (Nico, if you’re reading this, you can relax.)
Watch the video below so you can see how I make savory oats rice. And if you want the Quaker products I used, just sign up here for my NEW #SosGiveaway! If you are part of the first 50 who sign up, Quaker will send you their products for this recipe. 🙂
Bye Rice, Helloats! Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 cup Quaker Whole Grain Rolled Oats
– 2 cups water
– 1 Tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1/2 to 1 pc onions, chopped
– 1/2 pc of a red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 pc of a yellow bell pepper, chopped
– 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
For the toppings:
– Green onions, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Put the oats, water, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a pot and cook.
2. In a separate pan, cook the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Once the veggies are cooked, add your cooked oats in the pan.
3. Put the savory oats rice in a bowl or a plate and top with sriracha and green onions! So easy. The taste you get is an Asian rice like yang chow.
If you want more #SolennCooking, you can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag. Again, if you want to make savory oats rice in your home, Quaker will send you products through the NEW #SosGiveaway! Just sign up here. 🙂
A few weeks ago, I talked about how it kinda gets harder to give gifts when you get older. You… read more