I’ve been experimenting with my drinks lately since being preggers has made me not take coffee and also it’s been making a lot of the stuff I normally eat and drink taste different? Has anyone else experienced this too? Lol. Anyway, I wanted to make some lemonade with a twist and I thought to do it Pinoy-Latin style by using calamansi instead of lemons and by adding condensed milk, which is what they like to do in Latin American countries. This is super easy to do and it’s perf when it’s a hot day out or when you just need something refreshing. Don’t forget to watch the vid below!
My Latin Pinoy Lemonade Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 3 limes
– about a cup of calamansi fruit
– 3 Tbsp of condensed milk
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Strain 2 full limes into a pitcher of water. For this whole recipe, you can always change up how much lime, calamansi, and condensed milk you want to use, depending on your taste.
2. Strain calamansi into the mix. I used a cup up to a cup and a half of the actual calamansi fruit.
3. Grate a lime into the mix for the zest and add about 6 slices of lime.
4. Add 3 Tbsp of condensed milk (more or less if you want) and add ice.
Et voilà! You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking. Cheers!
I think this is the first time Nico and I are talking a lot about our lives as parents lately.… read more