So. My husband Nico and I are starting a new webisode series called Naked Chef, where we cook naked… for no reason.
It’s just a fun (sometimes stupid) way for us to spend quality time with each other. Plus, I think this can also be a fun way for you to get into eating healthy, without it being boring.
Our cooking in this episode DID NOT go as smoothly as we expected (check out the video below), but in case you also want to cook what we did (without the craziness), here’s the recipe:
Eight Stars Grilled Octopus with Cauliflower Rice and Sauce
I thought of this recipe, because it’s a good way to get protein in your body without having to eat beef, pork, or chicken. Octopus is low in fat also. I called it eight stars, because, well, Nico ate everything after we cooked it. He didn’t even share.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the octopus…
– Onions, chopped
– Leeks, chopped
– Carrots, chopped
For the cauliflower rice…
– 1 cauliflower head, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 2 eggs
– 1 onion, chopped
– Dried herbs
– Olive oil
For the sauce…
– Lemon juice
– Garlic, chopped
– Cucumber, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. First, it’s super important to have the octopus cleaned at the market or at the supermarket.
2. At home, boil the octopus in water for 30 minutes with the onions, leeks, and carrots.
3. While the octopus is in water, put the chopped cauliflower in a blender or food processor and “blend” it until the cauliflower looks like rice.
4. Fry the onions in a pan with olive oil. Add the cauliflower, bell peppers, and dried herbs.
5. Fry or scramble the eggs separately, and add them to your cauliflower rice.
6. Remove the octopus from the pot. Sprinkle with allspice and salt.
7. Grill the octopus. Season with lemon after.
8. For the sauce, mix everything in a bowl (to taste). Serve it on the side with the octopus and cauliflower rice. Et voilà. Enjoy!
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking!
I think everyone here has binged on food at least once. Or maybe you do it more than you like?… read more