Hi guys! Before you go through this new entry, don’t forget to check out the first episode of Naked Chef first so you know what this series is all about. Pretty much, Naked Chef is where Nico and I cook naked… for no reason at all. Lol.
The first episode was a lot more dangerous than we expected it to be, so this time, we knew we had to avoid fire as much as possible. Haha. We decided to serve up a yummy quinoa dish for you guys, and while we were waiting for it cook, Nico showed off how good he’s gotten with his Tagalog! Video and recipe below:
Loco for Coco-nut Quinoa
I love using quinoa in my recipes, because it’s my substitute for rice. Quinoa can be eaten like rice and cooked like it, but it has so much more protein and fiber compared to white rice, so eating this makes you feel even more full. Meaning there are less chances for you to binge eat. Yay. And unlike rice, it won’t make you feel sleepy or bloated after you eat it, because it doesn’t spike up your blood sugar and let it crash.
Some people find quinoa weird tasting, that’s why I like to share recipes with familiar flavors like coconut, peanut oil, soy sauce, and cashews. Here’s how you can do it.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the quinoa…
1 cup of quinoa (I buy mine from Healthy Options)
1 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup of water
salt to taste
For the cabbage slaw:
1 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 handful of sliced onions
1 handful of sliced carrots
1 handful of sliced red bell peppers
1 tsp peanut oil
For the sauce:
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
For the garnish:
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Put the quinoa, coconut milk, water, and salt in a pot. Cook it over medium heat on the stove. If it’s not cooking well or it’s still undercooked, just add more water or more coconut milk.
2. Mix all the veggies and peanut oil for the cabbage slaw.
3. Once the quinoa is cooked (it will have a gooey texture like in the video), put it in a plate with the cabbage slaw.
4. Mix the ingredients for the sauce and pour it over your quinoa and slaw.
5. Garnish with the cilantro and chopped cashews. Et voilà. Super easy!
You can find more of my recipes on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking!
Since a lot of us are eating more fish these days because of Lent, I wanted to share one of… read more
The winner of this giveaway will be revealed at the end of the entry 🙂 * * * My kind of summer… read more