My friend Bianca and I thought of baking together one day and it finally happened. Hahaha. And let’s just say that between the two of us, her baking is like Pinterest in real life and I’m like the complete opposite. Lol.
So I helped her make an amazing Banana Bread recipe and she helped me make something specifically for breastfeeding mommas. Ever since I got preggo, I’ve been getting a lot of recipe requests for lactation cookies, cakes, or bread. So I came up with this Olive Oil and Lemon Lactation Bread and basically, what “transforms” a regular pastry or bread to a lactation one is having certain ingredients that help increase breast milk supply. Some of those ingredients are: oatmeal, brewer’s yeast, flax seeds and flax seed oil, almonds, and the famous malunggay. For this recipe, I included almonds, brewer’s yeast, and flax seeds, and just like everything I do, this is super easy to make. Watch the vid below and let me know what you think?
Olive Oil and Lemon Lactation Bread
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– 1 and 1/2 cup ground almonds
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 2 Tbsp brewer’s yeast
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 Tbsp flax seeds
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/2 cup mixed all purpose cream and coconut cream
– 2 organic eggs
– 1 lemon, juiced
– lemon zest
– Fresh blueberries
– Powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in your baking pan.
3. Pop the pan in your oven and bake for at least 15 minutes (the top of the cake needs to be a little wet still). All ovens are different so baking time will really depend on the kind of oven you have.
4. Take the pan out of the oven and add fresh blueberries. Continue to bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove pan out of the oven and let it cool. Dust the bread off with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Et voilà! What other recipe requests do you have? You can find more of the stuff I cook and bake on Instagram when you search the hashtag #SolennCooking.